In this tutorial lesson, we will be running through the steps of how to apply Magnum Graphene Coating for your vehicle. Get your car shine on with a little bit of prep time and effort.
But first let's get an understanding of why you would want to coat your vehicle?
There are many advantages of why you would choose to apply a graphene coating to your vehicle, here are just a list of many reasons why you would opt for a graphene coating:
- Protect against sun damage and oxidization.
- Protect against light swirl marks.
- Protect against external elements i.e. bird droppings.
- Graphene coatings provide greater longevity compared to traditional silicon ceramic coatings and waxes.
- Factory mirror finish and ease of cleaning.
Sign me up and let's get started!
- 1x Magnum Graphene Coating Kit
- Clean dry high-quality microfiber cloth to avoid smearing and spotting
- Mobile phone torch/light to inspect panel when buffing
- Nitrile gloves (Optional but recommended)
Prep work before application:
For a detailed finish that you can be proud of you will require to do a little preparation work to ensure that your vehicle is ready to be coated.
- Wash your car with the 2 bucket method.
- Clay bar the surface and decontaminate the panel surfaces
- Paint correction apply heavy cutting compound/medium cutting compound to areas of the car with scuff and swirl marks. Then remove compound remnants. Apply polish to vehicle and ensure all the wax is residue is removed
- Ensure the coating job is carried out in a shaded area away from the sun, dust, moisture, or floating debris.
- The vehicle must be entirely dry through the coating curing process including 4 hours after application of the product or (ideally remaining dry overnight).
- Wearing your gloves place the included Magnum Coating Kit microsuede applicator cloth onto the applicator sponge fold it around the block and evenly drip product on the micro suede cloth, 5 to 10 drops will be required initially then reducing to 3-5 drops as you continue coating.
- Use the applicator block with the cloth to apply the product onto the surface of the vehicle in 50 cm x 50 cm areas to ensure even coverage onto the surface. You will not require to apply lots of product as 3-4 drops are sufficient and are quite porous once the cloth is saturated. It is important to focus and apply the coating on 1 panel at a time.
- Once the coating has been applied depending on the temperature of your environment, the warmer it is the faster the coating dries and the faster you will require to get a clean microfiber cloth and carefully wipe the excess product off the panel that has been coated. In this process do not cross over onto other panels during the process to avoid high spots and smearing. In temps around 25 degrees, we gave it 2 minutes to set in to flash and then buff off with a microfiber cloth.
- To ensure that all excess coating is wiped off repeat the last process and use your torch to shine onto the panel to identify any spots you may have missed and wipe down the entire coated panel again. This process is important as you want to ensure that the excess coating is wiped off before it sets to avoid high spots.
- Depending on the temperature set a timer for the rest of the panels that require to be coated and repeat steps 1-4.
- Time to admire that assembly line finish and know your car is now protected from the elements.