Applying Magnum Ceramic Glass Coating to your windshields
Applying Ceramic Coating on your windshields has a wide range of benefits foremost providing hydrophobic properties on glass will help bead water, making water roll straight off the glass while driving, reducing the need to use your windscreen wipers.
The ceramic coating will add a level of protection to your windshields from scuffs and marring caused by small debris and allow you to maintain the cleanliness of your windscreen for longer.
In this tutorial we will be talking about the methods of how to correctly apply ceramic coating for your windshields with a little bit of time and prep work.
What you will need:
- Magnum Ceramic Coating Glass Kit
- Masking Tape
- Carwash product of your choice
- Glass polish product of your choice
- 1 foam applicator pad to apply glass polish
- 1 damp clean microfiber towel
- 1 dry clean microfiber towel for drying windshield
- 1 dry clean microfiber towel for buffing ceramic coating
- 1 dry clean microfiber towel for wiping excess ceramic coating.
- Wash the entire car with the 2 bucket method.
- Clean plastics, rubber and wipers around window trim.
- Use a mitt to wipe the windscreen with carwash product then get a clay bar that has been molded and prepped and then work the clay bar in straight motions. The soap provides less friction on the windscreen and allows the clay bar to remove bonded contaminents on the windscreen.
- Rinse the windscreen with water and dry the windscreen with a microfiber cloth.
- Tape off the rubber and plastic around the windscreen to avoid smearing and marks when polishing.
- Apply glass polish product onto the applicator pad and work over the glass with moderate pressure in circular motions. This will remove water spots, etching and light scratches improving the look of the glass and providing more clarity.
- Wipe all the excess polish using the wet microfiber towel and then buff the windscreen surface with the dry clean microfiber towel.
Now time to seal that squeaky clean finish with a layer of ceramic coating!
Steps to Apply Ceramic Coating to your Windscreen:
- Use the Magnum Ceramic Coating Kits suede cloth and wrap it around the applicator block.
- Apply 4-5 drops and then apply on the windscreen in a overlapping straight motion ensuring even distribution and coverage.
- Wait 3-5 minutes and then buff with a dry microfiber cloth and then dry with again with another microfiber cloth to remove any excess product.
- Let the ceramic coating cure over 24 hours
All done admire your work and enjoy your ceramic coated glass!